Hawkwind Tour in Trouble

Henrik Hallgren henrik.hallgren at SUNDSVALL.MAIL.TELIA.COM
Sun Sep 14 09:00:14 EDT 1997

Star Rats wrote:

> >> Thats the main question!!!!!
> >> The management is 100% responsible for the whole organisation.
> >> Thats a fact!
> >
> >I can´t more than agree with you Bernhard!
>
> Now hang on right there. Promotion of a gig is the responsibility of the
> PROMOTER that has been hired BY THE BAND and in GOOD FAITH. If they are not
> standing up to their part of the bargin, the band will look elsewhere. This
> is what is happening now.

Can´t they choose the right promoter from the start then? They have been in
business for so long and still doing the same mistakes!!!

> >> And if there are no advertisments in newspapars, magazines or local radio
> >> stations, then I must say that the management failed
>
> This stuff is handled by the promoters of the venue who are trying to cut
> their overheads and make as much out of the band as possible.

Still up to the management I think!

> >> Or do you folks out there know another reason for all this shit that
> >> happens these days with our favorite band????
> >>
> >> 1st the endless delay of the LOVE in SPACE single
>
> Err, wasn't there something about the video being screwed up I seem to
> remember?

Why choose this new technique and the risk of not selling enough? The masterplan
is about getting a "hit-single", right?

> >> 2nd the delay with the LIVE74 CD
>
> Errm, isn't this release being handled by EMI?

Sure, but I do think that our favorites have some part in this project as well
or...?

> Stop blaming the management for things which are out of their hands.

Why do the the band run in to trouble almost each and every year in one way or
another?Is it just bad luck?

I´m sure more people than me thinks the same since we wish the band all the luck
in the world. If they also could make some money  it´s even better.

> Star Rats

Greetings from Sweden

Hawkswede

"Hallucinations flash by my eyes. I see images of strange far away places.
New chocking technology and civilations based on astral magic."

>>From "Astral magic" by Dark Sun

Henrik Hallgren, Stapelvägen 5, 856 34 Sundsvall, Sweden

Email: henrik.hallgren at sundsvall.mail.telia.com  /
henrik.hallgren at ortv.sca.se

Fax +46 (0)70 6101310  / Phone +46 (0)60 173716