OFF: the Manband

Andrew Gilham Andy.Gilham at BTINTERNET.COM
Sun Sep 14 09:38:33 EDT 1997

Excellent gig by the old Welsh bastards last night!  Deke looked to be in
good shape, as did they all, except they had a (highly competent) stand-in
drummer for Terry Williams, who was unwell.  (Jones quipped: "What do they
call it these days?  Substance abuse?")

Good to meet up with Chris W too!

They're supposed to be playing a few more dates this year - Harrow, Sheffield
and Southampton, I think they said - with a new album  out early next year.

Anyway, the most amazing bit was when Martin Ace put aside his bass and
played a tuba during one song!  Now I've really seen everything!

- Andy