OFF: Third Ear Band

Christian Mumford cannibal at CUTEY.COM
Mon Sep 15 11:13:14 EDT 1997

>More details please.  To my eternal shame, I never bought any of their
>albums at the time, and I've only seen them in "collector's" racks at
>hideous prices in the last few of years.
>
>ChrisW

TEB is cool. Droning acid folk/raga, all instrumental. They had 3 "regular"
albums in the early 70's, all now availible on CD from Reportoire: "Alchemy",
"Elements" (actually s/t I think) and the music from the "Macbeth" film. I
have
dubs of the first two, and I think they are fantastic. Macbeth has Simon House
on violin, but I hear it doesen't stand up well without the flick. Still
probably worth investigating. There is also a CD of unissued material I
have seen listed somewhere. The Radio Sessions disc I got is on the Voiceprint
label. It consists of two 10-11 minute tracks (the CD clocks in at around 22
minutes) so it's more of a EP or whatever. Still, it has an interesting bio,
cool art and some spooky lo-key trippy music... The bio mentions TEB reformed
in 1990 for the album "Magic Music".

Christian