Hawkwind Tour in Trouble

Si sihalley at VOSSNET.CO.UK
Tue Sep 16 05:22:57 EDT 1997

On 16-Sep-97, Max Wilcox wrote:
>        1. A film clip. This would be one of the best types of promotion, at
>least to get new fans etc. By a clip, I don't mean just some concert footage
from
>Love In Space, I mean something that is actually directed by someone, with
>a plot, perhaps. I can see some great stuff in my mind, with regards to a
>film clip from Alien4. The talk of the new album sounds like an even better
>chance to get a clip out there. I think a well done clip would be one of
>the best ways to pull new fans.

It's a reasonable idea but I'm afraid that in the UK a video is unlikely to do
anything. Simply because vertually no one would play it. I mean, Hawkwind have
only been seen on TV in the UK a handful of times in the last 20 years. And
unfortunatly I can't see that changing in a hurry.

Si

--
'I live in a big dark house, and nobody's here but me and my mouse'

http://village.vossnet.co.uk/s/sihalley/