BOC: Frederick MD's concert

Daniel Ligon makmorn at QIS.NET
Mon Sep 15 19:54:49 EDT 1997

On Mon, Sep 15, 1997 at 01:32:15PM -0400, Brian Frenck said:
> Well BOC put on a pretty good kick ass show last night.  I didn't keep track
> of their set list, but they played a fair amount.

As I recall it, the set-list began (I think in this order):
        Stairway to the Stars
        Before the Kiss (A Redcap)
        Buck's Boogie
        Harvest Moon
        The Vigil

It continued with these (but I don't recall the order):
        OD'd on Life Itself
        Then Came the Last Days of May
        Cities on Flame
        ME 262
        In Thee
        --some other new song--

It closed with (in order again):
        Burnin' for You
        Godzilla
        Don't Fear (The Reaper)

They encored with:
        The Red & The Black

> One of the surprises was
> when they played "The Vigil"

I was very pleased to see that one!  Allen played acoustic guitar
on The Vigil and In Thee.

> THey still need to increase the levels of the
> vocal mics tho.  This seems to be an ongoing problem for BOC.

Ha!  I had assumed that it was because we were so close to the stage.

> Met one of the other guys on the list.  He recognized me from the my
> godzilla shirt)

I just turned around, and there he was.

> Can't remember the guys name (sorry dude.  email me.)

That's me.  No problem.

> Got to go backstage afterwards and meet the band.

Way cool!  Congratulations!

I was quite impressed with Danny's "Monster" Bass playing.  He was
really enjoying himself as he prowled the stage.  With his short
haircut, Eric could have walked right by me.

Daniel Ligon                     makmorn at qis.net

I have known Geryon.  He is not worthy of trust.
  -- _Inferno_