BOC: Frederick MD's concert

Tue Sep 16 08:41:00 EDT 1997

> From:          Daniel Ligon <makmorn at QIS.NET>

> As I recall it, the set-list began (I think in this order):
>         Stairway to the Stars
>         Before the Kiss (A Redcap)
>         Buck's Boogie
>         Harvest Moon
>         The Vigil

Ususally, ETI is the second or third tune...

> It continued with these (but I don't recall the order):
>         OD'd on Life Itself

OD'd is often played earlier in the set...

>         Then Came the Last Days of May
>         Cities on Flame
>         ME 262
>         In Thee
>         --some other new song--

Probably Live for Me, though I'd love to hear another one...

> It closed with (in order again):
>         Burnin' for You
>         Godzilla
>         Don't Fear (The Reaper)

That's the prescribed setlist, alright...

> They encored with:
>         The Red & The Black
>
> > One of the surprises was
> > when they played "The Vigil"

They include that quite often these days, as they do In Thee

> I was very pleased to see that one!  Allen played acoustic guitar
> on The Vigil and In Thee.

Not exactly a highlight.  AL should stick to the keys, IMHO.  He
sometimes does a pretty awful acoustic blues thing as a preamble to
In Thee.  Adds nothing to the show.  One of the coolest things about
BOC is that their music isn't based on Blues licks, as are most rock
songs.  Nothing against the blues, I like it a lot, it's just
refreshing to hear something else...

> > THey still need to increase the levels of the
> > vocal mics tho.  This seems to be an ongoing problem for BOC.

Right!  And BD's guitar, right?

> I was quite impressed with Danny's "Monster" Bass playing.  He was

Danny's a great showman, for sure.  Does anyone know if he
contributes anything to the new record, a la Joe B?  Does he co-write
with EB or Buck?

> really enjoying himself as he prowled the stage.  With his short
> haircut, Eric could have walked right by me.

Speaking of EB, how'd he sound?  Any teasing mention of the new
record?  I like him a lot better with longer hair...

> --
> Daniel Ligon                     makmorn at qis.net
>
> I have known Geryon.  He is not worthy of trust.
>   -- _Inferno_

theo