Cutting the pondering cheese

Allan T. Grohe, Jr. AGrohe at IGATE.SPRINT.COM
Tue Sep 16 10:35:16 EDT 1997

Uh Christian, you lost me:  are you getting rid of Fish stuff or not?
:-)

Allan.
agrohe at igate.sprint.com
----------------

From:  BOC-L
Sent:  Monday, September 15, 1997 9:34 PM
To:  Grohe, Allan T.;
Subject:  OFF: Cutting the pondering cheese

BOC-L may or maybe not the place for
it... Going through CDs etc. to get rid of them
for clearing space or maybe just broke. Feel
like it. So it goes, and it is a process...
I'll be taking these poor records/books/
magazines, whatevers to "trial", suddenly after
not touching them for ages. Thinking:
- are you crap enough to get rid of you cheap?
Do I love you because you are crap? Why can't
I let you go, O Spot The Pigeon EP, A Day at
the Races, lonely Curve CD back there next to
Shonen Knife slicing the Dandelion with that
completely crap Doors bootleg. And you too, Fish
and Foo Fighters and Kyuss even. Why? Why? Did i
ever think you were any less than good? I take you
out, in the dead of night as you sleep, put you
away and write you up on a list of tradables, wild eyed
and crazy in the dim light of the computer screen...
this one Klaatu has revealed itself as godlike and
passed the termination/recycling test with frying colors,
if only in my mind, dragging that Quintessence compilation
in its spectered trail through my ear, and for some strange
reason Jim Jones & The Kool-Ade Kids and The Cult
cruise with you. They survived till the next trial, still
here. Farewell to the others  - Who knows, maybe next time
it will be you All or Bryan Ferry or Omnia Opera or Beck
and Rev Horton Heat that will trail off, burn out somewhere
and disappear mysteriously... forever. And I so regret
throwing you away now, A Day At The Races. Of
course. That is why I still kept you, Bat Out Of Hell - you
are right there between the remains of Queen's Flash Gordon
and that cheap slutty T. Rex compilation. Why do I never play you
like them anymore? Worked for the Scary Monsters CD after a the
goofiest yet killer 50th birthday show...was fun to funky, from an
old freak... mountain king performs back in the front seat, just
made the grade... and did it live, here and now... did I catch up
with you or did you catch up with everyone else? You park
right next to Meatloaf's burning jetbooster Harley and hang there
for awhile in a pierrot outfit. I see that floating coctail cherry
Bryan Ferry CD looking for a new place, he'll go next
to you today, with his shirt collar reaching shoulder
to shoulder in a most peculiar way... And the tapers
want to know whose sounds you say, and the stars look
very different you say....?

"..his planet's birth is You and there's nothing I can't....."

Christian a.k.a. "What touring problems? Never mattered up here."

BTW - anyone else seen Gary Numan now doing a "soundtrack" CD for a
tacky US
"gothic bad girl" independent comic book? Hahaha...condemned to an
eternity
in hell now? If it might have been Danzig's silly outfit at least
MAYBE...
Todd McFarlane's Kiss revival-comic(and an editor sacrificed to a vat of
comics
printing ink).... Hawkwind.... BOC.... get.. *back* IN THERE! And the
DracFest...
reptiles.... The youth-boosted Hawks playing with Gwar in two years?????
BOC riding some weird future Godzilla wave but all souped up and
mutated...
merging with ex-Dictators and Ramones?

ObCD: no idea anymore. Vaguely and suddenly pagan.