HW in NME gig ad shocker!

Jon Browne jon at COMICS.DEMON.CO.UK
Wed Sep 17 10:24:45 EDT 1997

Ad seen in today's NME for the London gig Oct 31st,     at the Empire.

Support is Banco De Gaia and Cybernaut

it's a 2.00 A.M. finish and tix are a snip at 12 1/2 quid.

same price as Spiritualised at the Albert Hall.
mind you, The Verve were only 8.50 (#1!!!!! OK it's not their best song
and it's a bit like HW getting to #1 with Zarozinia but, hey, my boys at
#1!!!, well, the last time this happened was when I was seven and Little
Jimmy took Long-Haired Lover from Liverpool all the way!)

After decades of following bands like Hawkwind and Cardiacs, it's great
to see someone I've followed for years finally break thru. Do check out
"A Storm In Heaven" for a great dark psyche LP. Hey, even MOJO describes
them today as "the best we have"!

The Verve list stinks, though. Is there anywhere else like BOC-L?
--
Jon Browne