Strange Daze - Labor of Love / Labor of Lo$$

Marc Power mpower at FCMC.COM
Thu Sep 18 11:07:26 EDT 1997

>> I expect they must have
>>lost a lot of money on this tour, unless most the $40.00 ticket price
>at
>>Strange Daze went to the Hawks, in which case they would have lost
>money at
>>three shows and made a small profit at one.
>
>  No. Jim made sure the band was taken care of.  Any losses were
>absorbed by the promoters.  This was a labor of love, folks.
>

>Wylie

Yes indeed, Jim Lascko took the loss on Strange Daze 97.
We (B0RN to G0) made $100 gas money from the event (as
did most of the other bands) which I asked Jim to keep to
defray his own significantly greater expenses (he wouldn't).

He also took much of the loss on the mini-tour.

I have suggested that he should use the 24-track ADAT copy of the
gig to issue a Strange Daze 97 CD to make up for the loss and get
some money together for the show next year, but I don't think that
has has the financial resources available to do that right now.

Any ideas?

I and (B0RN to G0) would be happy to help him out in any way we can.

He's a great guy and he has given SpaceRock in the USA one hell of
a boost.

In Space we Trust,

Marc.

----
<http://members.aol.com/B0RNtoG0/index.html>
Yeah, I know, I must get around to updating this.

"Freemasons talk about it all the time, their hands at funny angles,
 In the moonlight, it resembles a biscuit tin that dangles"
 -- The Beast Box, Howard Devoto