Strange Daze - Labor of Love / Labor of Lo$$

Thu Sep 18 11:24:32 EDT 1997

> From:          Marc Power <mpower at FCMC.COM>
 >
> >  No. Jim made sure the band was taken care of.  Any losses were
> >absorbed by the promoters.  This was a labor of love, folks.
> >

> >Wylie
>

> I have suggested that he should use the 24-track ADAT copy of the
> gig to issue a Strange Daze 97 CD to make up for the loss and get
> some money together for the show next year, but I don't think that
> has has the financial resources available to do that right now.
>
> Any ideas?

Marc,
What would be a ballpark figure to produce the CDs?  Maybe you could
ask those on the various newsgroups to get an idea how many people
would buy it.  If you could realistically get enough people
interested to break even, then you might ask for prepayment with a
self-addressed return envelope.  If you couldn't make the nut for the
production, you could always send everyone their dough back.  I
realize this sounds naive and simplistic, but ya never know...
theo

...It's Legal, but it's not 100 percent legal...

--Vincent Vega