HW: The Bruces

Chris Raymond chrisr at TIAC.NET
Thu Sep 18 22:09:46 EDT 1997

Scott Heller wrote:

> I actually know Chris and Mary Bruce and got together with them 20 or
> 30
> times while I lived in the boston area.

Hi Scott, with all this talk of Chris and Mary, I was able to reflect on
a few things. When I first met them it was on the 1990 tour in December.
I did 3 gigs, one in Boston and two in Chicago. My contact was very
limited, but I remember them, Doug Walker and that guy Jamie from WZBC
were around a lot. On the 1991 tour, I was actually following them for
around a week. We went to NYC, Asbury Park NJ, Phildelphia, Washington
DC, Montreal and Ottawa. It was a great experience for me. I had
exposure to HW, I remember talking to Mary for hours and hours because
Chris would just kind of leave her with me. After they came from that
tour, I visited them at their house a bunch of times and was mesmerised
by the HW stuff they had. I remember that it was at their apartment that
I first heard Ozric Tentacles. Chris was the first person that I ever
heard mention Porcupine Tree. He used to tell me to get On The Sunday Of
Life. I had it for a few months before that album hit me. I was just
wanted to get across that I do have some fond memories from my
experiences with them. Of course there are the less happy memories too.
I am going to wind down. I sincerely hope that they get out from under
that dark cloud following them around. I understand that they are not
helpless victims, and have something to do with the direction that their
life is in. End of that. And also, indirectly, it is through Chris and
Mary that I know you.  That sounds excellent, the Outskirts of Infinity
soundboard tape. I look forward to that album coming out you mentioned.
Is Lord of the Dark Skies available in Denmark? I do not have that one.
You never answered me about whether you can get pictures with your
email. I have those pictures I want to send you. I must get going. Sorry
about the long note, Take care,
Chris