HW: Still no press

Jon Browne jon at COMICS.DEMON.CO.UK
Fri Sep 19 06:36:12 EDT 1997

In article <01BCC460.AD6F7A80.Andy.Gilham at btinternet.com>, Andrew Gilham
<Andy.Gilham at BTINTERNET.COM> writes
>> together, DS was in germany promoting "chubba wubba" or whatever their name
>> is.
>
>Ah, that explains everything!  Chumbawumba had a freak smash number 2 hit
>single - which absolutely NOBODY was expecting, it's even weirder than when
>"Silver Machine" went massive - and the telephone's probably not stopped
>ringing at DS mansions...  not exactly an excuse for taking his eye off the
>ball re: HW, but perhaps an explanation.
>
>- Andy
>
>--
>mailto:Andy.Gilham at btinternet.com; http://www.btinternet.com/~andy.gilham

Chumbawumba - 14th Century English term for "hypocrites" or something,
isn't it?

Very flexible politics these people have. Still, they were quoted this
week as "still being pleased when a copper gets killed".

Make of that what you will. They snipe self-righteously at other bands,
even to the extent of standing outside gigs like New Model Army
distributing flyers that say "Only Stupid Bastards Sign To EMI", and
guess who they're now signed to?

This is always a problem when managing more than one band. You tend to
devote time to whoevers "on the up" and not necessarily who needs
attention. I've seen it happen time and again.

I've always thought a manager should be a "fifth member", myself.
--
Jon Browne