BOC: Clifton Park NY

Michael S. Habiby corwyn at GLOBAL2000.NET
Sat Sep 20 21:02:30 EDT 1997

Hi all

Well what a great 30 days it has been. Now I have seen both of my
favorite bands!!

BOC played the Park West last night and really rocked the house.  Eric,
Buck and Alan were in fine form.  Now I haven't seen the boys since a
SWB concert about 15 yrs ago or so in San Francisco and they were
definitely better last night, not that they were bad in those days!
However the band has definitely matured (and I don't mean less hair) and
they are with out a doubt better musicians now.

The opening band was a local Metal band named Attica.  I ended up
sitting next to Attica in the bar before the gig and didn't know it at
the time.  They played originals and also a nice Sab set.  They were
defiantly 90 Metal but all the same I and seemingly many of the fans
there were satisfied with their 45 min set.  If you are a upstate BOC-L
reader I would recommend you see them if you like 90's type Metal.

BOC defiantly played a set for the "faithful" as most of the songs were
from the earlier albums.  Unfortunately I am not a set recorder but I
assume they are playing the same sets as the earlier shows spoken of in
previous BOC-L mailings.  I wish to just mention that they really are
much better than the small gigs they are playing.  I mean why are the
boys playing to such small houses??  There were two new songs played and
they hearken back to early BOC albums more than some of the later
releases.  Buck's Boogie was very good and Alan played acoustic twice
while Eric sat at the Keyboards.  Eric has cut his hair to a buzz cut
but of course wore his famous glasses.  Now I am about to seem like a
newbie fan so I wish to state that I have been following BOC the best I
can for almost 20 yrs: Who is their Drummer??  His solo rocked!!!!
Other thoughts:  Someone in the Audience had a foot high Godzilla and
Eric took it on-stage for that number.  Buck's voice is still excellent
and Eric didn't sound too bad either!!!  Mostly it was just wonderful
being with so many BOC fans watching the boys blow out so many classics.

Alas I didn't take my digital camera like I did to the NYC gig for
Hawkwind so I don't have pics for you all, but the light show was very
good considering it was a "club" and the sound, though ear ringing, was
clear enough and not too muddy.  They played two encore songs but again
I am not a set recorder so to speak.  My memory should be better but
alas I had one too many Labatt Blues and hadn't eaten a decent dinner.
The audience was filled with both younger people and those of my
generation (I am 36) and I was amused and gratified to see just how many
men and women were still stone cold fans of my generation, singing all
the lyrics to some of the less well known songs ( in relation to the
general public who all know DFtR).  Well I am meandering so I will close
with a recommendation to see the boys if they come to your town.  Heck I
had to decide btw BOC tix and Yes Tix and it was the best decision I
made!!

Mike Habiby
corwyn at global2000.net