HW: StrangeDaze "lifestyle" question

Ron Jennings sprawl at STARLINX.COM
Sun Sep 21 16:52:17 EDT 1997

John Majka wrote:

> I missed Strange Daze unfortunately due to the pressures of graduate school,
> but I'd like to say that I'm a youthful 28 years old and have never been
> drunk or used any illegal drug.  I've been an avid Hawkwind listener since
> 1985, which maybe is some evidence that Hawkwind and drug use don't
> necessarily go hand in hand.  I think they're pretty damned cool even
> without being fucked in the head.

just like to point out here that using recreational drugs and 'being fucked in
the head' don't necessarily go hand in hand either.
i've met LOTS of people who are "fucked in the head," who've never been near an
illegal drug.

i do not _recommend_ drugs to anyone.  what i do recommend is that they defend
their right to do so, if they feel they can
moderate themselves, and their budget allows it.  (right now, my budget does not
allow it, so i have been clean for a couple of weeks
by choice.)

sorry to waste everyone's time with this, but i get sick of all the holier than
thou drug experts out there, who think that just because they
swallow the crap that the media feeds them, everyone else should too.

'tis true that i did get a little carried away at the festival.  but what the
hell, it's not often that one can let things go like that, not having to worry
about having to drive or get up in the morning.

i'd also like to mention that i excell at my job, and that i am second in my
class at school.  using pot has not affected me adversely in either of those
areas.  and i'm sure that if i did not use pot, i still would be second.

i'm gonna go commit some grizzly murders now. too many bears around, ya know.
rj