HW: StrangeDaze "lifestyle" question

John Majka flossbac at WCIC.ORG
Sun Sep 21 23:47:23 EDT 1997

At 04:52 PM 9/21/97 -0400, you wrote:
>John Majka wrote:
>
>> I missed Strange Daze unfortunately due to the pressures of graduate school,
>> but I'd like to say that I'm a youthful 28 years old and have never been
>> drunk or used any illegal drug.  I've been an avid Hawkwind listener since
>> 1985, which maybe is some evidence that Hawkwind and drug use don't
>> necessarily go hand in hand.  I think they're pretty damned cool even
>> without being fucked in the head.
>
>just like to point out here that using recreational drugs and 'being fucked in
>the head' don't necessarily go hand in hand either.
>i've met LOTS of people who are "fucked in the head," who've never been near an
>illegal drug.

Absolutely.  In fact must people who are fucked in the head have never used
any drug.  I couldn't agree more.

>i do not _recommend_ drugs to anyone.  what i do recommend is that they defend
>their right to do so, if they feel they can
>moderate themselves, and their budget allows it.  (right now, my budget
does not
>allow it, so i have been clean for a couple of weeks
>by choice.)
>
>sorry to waste everyone's time with this, but i get sick of all the holier than
>thou drug experts out there, who think that just because they
>swallow the crap that the media feeds them, everyone else should too.

I get sick of the media crap too.  Recreational drug use isn't much
different than watching TV or listening to music or any other entertainment
activity.  I have nothing against drugs, they're just not for me.  I get
sick also of the holier-than-thou drug users who think they're in on
something that the clean among us can't see.  It goes both ways.  I suppose
both positions have their peculiar virtues.  Carry on with whatever you do.

John Majka
flossbac at wcic.org