BOC: Live '76

Mon Sep 22 09:01:35 EDT 1997

> From:          "BREVARD, Adrian R." <abrevard at SHL.COM>

> As for the "farked* in the head thread" [*Note; lets dispense with the
> profanity whenever we can] the above quip from Eric speaks volumes with
> those who are anti-drugs.  Its a pretty good definition.  However there
> is nothing wrong with toking a little bit of the organic stuff, chillin'
> out at a concert and generally enjoying yourself.  When you bother
> others is where the line should be drawn.  But as much as the anti-drug
> crowd harp on leaf plant, should people who swallow too many Bud's be
> exempt from criticism because beer is legal?  I don't think so.

Well, weed and hash are legal in Holland, and last time i visited
there, they have a lot fewer serial killers, murderers, rapists, etc.
than we have over here.  I didn't see any signs of social decay.  In
fact, it was the coolest place i ever visited.  people minded their
own business and left others alone.  Maybe we should try it in the
good old US of A? And booze?  Well, the reason pot's illegal here is
because the beer and booze folks know they'd go out of business if
people could get high legally, so they help keep pressure on the
platitudinous dudes in Washington...

theo

...It's Legal, but it's not 100 percent legal...

--Vincent Vega