HW: StrangeDaze "lifestyle" question

Ron Jennings sprawl at STARLINX.COM
Mon Sep 22 21:01:02 EDT 1997

> > >i do not _recommend_ drugs to anyone.  what i do recommend is that they defend
> > >their right to do so, if they feel they can

ted, you need to pay attention to the number of >>'s. =)  i said that.
i'm the unclean one, remember? ;)

> If you've never used any drugs, then you COULDN"T recommend them.
> Can't you only recommend things you know something about or have
> tried?

> > I get sick of the media crap too.  Recreational drug use isn't much
> > different than watching TV or listening to music or any other entertainment
> > activity.  I have nothing against drugs, they're just not for me.  I get
> > sick also of the holier-than-thou drug users who think they're in on
> > something that the clean among us can't see.  It goes both ways.  I suppose
>
> Why are you any cleaner than i am?  who's being holier-than thou?

well, i originally brought in the 'dirty' word "clean."
it is a cliche from the 70's....  "i'm clean ociffer! i ain't done
nuthin'!"
also the holier than thou.  i meant it in no particular direction.  i
was a little annoyed at the way the
original post was worded, but later realized i was over-reacting a
little.

the main difference between partiers and non-partiers, is that partiers
don't usually mind that the 'nons'
don't.
like people with tattoos dont think anything of seeing a guy without
one, where people without tend to
make judgements based on the presence of tat's.  i see that everyday.
most of my friends dont use.
they think its hilarious that i still do. but for some reason, they
still come by.

all i really wanted to say was that i was getting this "ooh, run away!
the evil drug users are here to
slay our hamsters and rape our cats!"  feeling from the whole
conversation.

so, if you see me at a show, don't buy me a beer. i dont like alcohol
anyway.  buy me some beef jerky.
we can smoke it out back.

rj