LEMMY - is it Kilminster or Kilmister???

Andrew Gilham Andy.Gilham at BTINTERNET.COM
Tue Sep 23 03:56:51 EDT 1997

> As for Kilminster, I think it's with the 'n'.  We all
> know we can count on the sleves of Hawkwind CDs to
> correct all our spelling.

I'm virtually certain it's no 'n'...  for instance, in the Overkill songbook
(which I got back in about 79 when I had delusions of learning the guitar),
all the songs are credited to "Ian Kilmister, Philip Taylor and Edward
Clarke" (except for Damage Case, of course, with Mick Farren too).  And some
very tasteful (really!) band portraits again have the name as KILMISTER in
big letters.  The name "Lemmy" doesn't appear anywhere in it!!!

In fact, it's an interesting little document - an introductory short story by
MF, too!

- Andy