HW: New album info

Doug Bates Doug.Bates at TUCCSTER.TUCC.UAB.EDU
Tue Sep 23 09:45:48 EDT 1997

> > The new CDS catalogue arrived this morning, containing a veritable
> > cornucopia of goodies.  First off, some info about the new HW album.
> > It's called "Distant Horizons", and the track list is:
> >
> >         Distant Horizons
> >         Phetamine
> >         Waimea Canyon Drive
> >         Alchemy
> >         Clouded Vision
> >         Reptoid Vision
> >         Population Overload
> >         Wheels
> >         Kavai
> >         Taxi For Max
> >

> Is this a concept thing or a book based album? Anyone any ideas?

        I asked Jerry Richards this very thing, he said its not based
        on a book. However, it does contain a loose theme about
        humankind being enslaved to its technology. He likened the
        civilization we've created as being as machine out of control.
        Below are the lyrics to The Wheel, which is indicative of
        the perspective conveyed on the new album:

        The Wheel

        Ship of steel, container of oil,
        in this world of the wheel, in this world of oil.
        Our watches declare we must move on,
        a blackbird was heard, we were the death to his song.
        With eyes of Apaches detecting the smoke
        creepy cities is there no hope.
        In this world of the wheel, in this world of oil.
        sandwich of steel, ?farmers? of oil.
        is there no hope in this world of the wheel.
                                  (this world of oil)

        obCD:Dead Flowers, Altered State Circus

whats your problem

its what you created

Capt. Rizz

--
Doug Bates
voice:(205) 934-9087   fax:(205) 975-7129
mailto:dbates at uab.edu