HW: Alleycat (Reading) gig

M S Wright M.S.Wright at READING.AC.UK
Wed Sep 24 05:15:00 EDT 1997

On Tue, 23 Sep 1997, langner timothy wrote:

> Does any one have the phone number of the ally cat venue?

The number is 0118 956116

I have just got off the phone to them, and they say the date they had been
given has not been confirmed, so it is not going ahaed. I did offer to
purchase two  tickets but this did not sway their mind.

It all sounds like a frightful muddle and one that I'll blame on
management.

Alleycats did offer a Gong gig and an Eat Static gig, but no Hawkwind.
Which simply is not good enough.

Alleycats also have a web page, www.sounds-good.co.uk/alleycat, but it is
often a month behind the true date, which is about as poor as booking a
tour, not advertising it, changing the dates, not confirming them and then
wondering why ticket sales are poor.

Is it because they haven't done a proper tour for ages that they cannot
remember how to organise one? Maybe I can suggest a piss up in an
establishment that brews beer as something they could practice on?

Mike w