other/off: DVD (was re: recordable CD-ROM's)

Aaron Crandall deadline at CYBERHIGHWAY.NET
Wed Sep 24 12:30:28 EDT 1997

Allan,
Go for the DVD! I wouldn't even think of getting a laser disc player now
that DVD is available.  Some advantages of DVD:
1. the DVD discs are the size of a normal CD
2. the DVD players will usually double as CD players
3. you can get a DVD-ROM drive for your computer that holds several times
as much data as a CD-ROM, and hook it up to your TV to play movies (it
should also be compatible with current CD-ROMs)
4. no swapping discs -- a whole movie fits on a single DVD
5. There will soon be many DVD titles -- I predict that DVD will be to
laser disc what vhs is to beta
6. other reasons I can't think of right now

-Aaron
 P.S. if you do get a DVD I will be jealous :)