LEMMY - is it Kilminster or Kilmister???

Rich Lockwood rich-l at GEOCITIES.COM
Thu Sep 25 04:20:43 EDT 1997

Andrew Gilham wrote:

> > As for Kilminster, I think it's with the 'n'.  We all
> > know we can count on the sleves of Hawkwind CDs to
> > correct all our spelling.
>
> I'm virtually certain it's no 'n'...  for instance, in the Overkill songbook
> (which I got back in about 79 when I had delusions of learning the guitar),
> all the songs are credited to "Ian Kilmister, Philip Taylor and Edward
> Clarke" (except for Damage Case, of course, with Mick Farren too).  And some
> very tasteful (really!) band portraits again have the name as KILMISTER in
> big letters.  The name "Lemmy" doesn't appear anywhere in it!!!
>
> In fact, it's an interesting little document - an introductory short story by
> MF, too!

Chrisc, Motorhead guru tells me...

<begin quote>

Okey dokey. Glad to help as ever. The solution to your problem is ...

KILMISTER

On occasion, the name has been printed wrongly on record
sleeves/writing credits, but Motorhead stuff is littered with these
errors, if indeed errors they are. Examples include the classic
'Keepers on the road' on the white vinyl version of Motorhead. I'll
try to find a couple of 'Kilminster' misspellings just to be a clever
bastard.
--
Chris C

<end quote>

And I've been getting it wrong all these years.  Ah well.

Cheers,

Rich.

** http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/6717/mag.html **