Hawkwind in Publicity Shock!

Jon Browne jon at COMICS.DEMON.CO.UK
Fri Sep 26 04:23:10 EDT 1997

In article <199709241012.LAA06828 at holyrood.ed.ac.uk>, M Holmes
<fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK> writes
>Denizens of this list will be shocked to hear a report from a friend
>concerning Hawkwind's appearance at the Liquid Rooms here next month.
>"There are posters all over town" my compatriot told me.
>
>Next thing we know the album will be out on time and the stars will
>start going out.
>
>FoFP

And Vic Reeves mentioned them in his Omnibus biography, last Sunday, on
BBC 1. Further to this, the other morning on GLR (radio) there was a
short feature on The Roundhouse in Camden, where HW were again
mentioned, described (along with The Stranglers) as "cutting edge"
music. Then they played Silver Machine, just to demonstrate what a
cutting edge radio station they are, no doubt.

Elsewhere, I read Daevid Allen describe Gong as "a more feminine
Hawkwind". (but that was probably an ancient quote.)
--
Jon Browne
ObCD Leonard Cohen this morning. That sort of mood.