OFF: beer (was HW: Whitby gig)

J Strobridge eset08 at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Mon Sep 29 20:11:02 EDT 1997

Chris Warburton writes:

> Jill wrote:
>
> >Good beer too - John Smiths.   Yum.
>
> What?
>
> You didn't really say that?
>
> Did you?
>
> You didn't actually put "John Smith's" & "good" in the same sentence?
>
> I'm going to go and get the kitchen fire-extinguisher in case I
> spontaneously combust!
>
> ChrisW

sorry 'bout that!  Yep - stand by that too tho' I guess you'd probably
not have enjoyed it since it must have been fairly mild (must have
been since I drank 4 of those big plastic glasses and I'm usually well
out of it after 4 halves!) it didn't have an overpowering aftertaste
and didn't make me wish I'd had a Heineken instead.  It suited me fine
although thinking back on how little I remember about some parts of the
show I do wonder if it was a tad stronger than I realised.   Mebbe 'cos
it was brewed in Yorkshire and had come straight from the brewery and
hadn't been sitting around for decades in the heat somewhere.   Can't
explain it - so I can only assume that it was all part of the whole
experience that was happening up there that evening!

obHawkwind content>  Forgot to say that Capt Rizz was there and did
vocals on a couple of tracks but since the sound was bad it's difficult
to say how effective they were.

jill

J.D.Strobridge at ed.ac.uk                         eset08 at holyrood.ed.ac.uk
                                                ELIJSA at srv0.arts.ed.ac.uk