Album length

Nick English nick at THECAMPUS.COM
Fri Apr 3 06:33:06 EST 1998

Now a dialogue seems to be emerging regarding how BOC could have made
Heaven Forbid longer. Obviously, this is something none of us would
have minded...however, I have a feeling that if they just slapped a
Bad Channels tune on their, we all would have asked, "Why not a NEW
song?!"

I think the ironic thing when discussing length is that no one on
this list would dare say HF is BOC's best album. But many of the
albums they would list ahead of it fall UNDER THE 45-MINUTE MARK!

While I would have gladly accepted more songs, it's probably just as
well that they ended where they did. I like some songs better than
others, but to my ears, there's not one certified dog on the whole
disc. In the age of 50 and 60-minute albums, I'm generally seeing a
lot of overkill and wasted disc space.

-- NICK