BOC: Couple O things

Fri Apr 3 16:13:55 EST 1998

>BD isn't too concerned with accuracy here.  Later in the song he
talks about finding the girl's body when the snow melts.  I'm trying
to think of a place where the Spaniards settled, where it snows, and
where farming takes place?  I know the Spaniards discovered most of
Calif., and there are mountains there that would have snow, but I
can't think it would be farm land.  Maybe Colorado?  Any farming
going on out there?  'Course my Northeastern bias makes me
automatically think dairy farming, but then, I don't think there's
too much snow where they grow cash crops...

Good points.  Colorado sounds possible, there are farms there, although
going "south to work the boats" form their might be quite a trip.  Then
again, maybe he's not even talking about the United States...

Of course, the song says "The Spaniards settled here" and then "moved
away from here" - maybe this was some secret Spanish colony not recorded
in the history books?

John