BOC: Harvest Moon

Agent OF AgentOF at AOL.COM
Fri Apr 3 18:17:54 EST 1998

Not that it's worth anything, but my family is of Spanish decent, and my
Grandparents were grape farmers in Western NY.  So there could have been other
farmers there of Spanish decent.  We were all the way West, so our grapes went
to Welch's.  There are grape farms and dairy farms all over the Finger Lakes
region, so anything is possible.  Most people around the Finger Lakes region
sold their grapes to the wineries around Hammondsport.  A Welch's contract is
much better than the winery contract because the wineries kept getting bought
out by people like Seagram's and Coke.  The farmer's doing business with the
wineries were squeezed from time to time, and jerked around because Coke saw
wine sales as a competitor in the stores.  Many farms bit the dust because of
all this political bullshit.
These farms were referred to as Vineyards and not fields, though.  I bet a lot
of people moved away from there, I know I did!  (A little snow is a good
thing:-)

chuck
http://www.j-and-a.com/rose.htm
Miracles DO Happen, Take One