OFF: Recommendations on Geo. Winston and Sonny Landrath?

Paul Mather paul at GROMIT.DLIB.VT.EDU
Mon Apr 6 09:40:47 EDT 1998

On Sun, 5 Apr 1998, James Coburn wrote:

> Also, any opinions re Sonny Landrath's CD, South of I-10?

I bought Sonny Landreth's _South of I-10_ used, on a vague, yet
enthusiastic recommendation from someone who had heard from a co-worker
that it was "brilliant."  It didn't grab me---quite obviously so, since
I can't remember much about it, apart from that Landreth plays slide
guitar.  But then again, I have a penchant for old-style blues, and
don't cotton to all these Johnny-come-latelys who are supposed to be the
next big thing.  (In a similar vein, I find Kenny Wayne Shepard's recent
opus to be a nice listen, but I'd rather listen to the real McCoy any
day of the week.)

I could re-listen to _South of I-10_, I suppose, if you wanted some
specific critique...

Cheers,

Paul.

obCD: Roy Bookbinder, _Travelin' Man_

e-mail: paul at gromit.dlib.vt.edu

"I didn't mean to take up all your sweet time"
        --- James Marshall Hendrix