BOC: Where have they been?

Andrew A. Apold mordru at MAGG.NET
Mon Apr 6 15:44:33 EDT 1998

Apparently a number of music news sources that ingnored
the band the past ten years are now reporting that the
band has "reunited".  Well... (and this expounds of
something I put on alt.music.blueoystercult), I think
it is better to let them believe this.  There is more
media sympathy for a reunion/comeback than for a band
that never went away but was mostly ignored.  So, to
support this, I think we need to come up with an fake
explanation of what the band has been up to.  Hence
this:

Eric - Was wandering around in Roswell, New Mexico, when he blacked
out.  Now, ten years later, he woke up on the sidewalk in times
square, with no memory of the past ten years, except some songs
in his head.  He wrote them down, and they are part of  HF.

Buck - Was helping out a friend investigate a bootleg t-shirt smuggling
        ring, set up a bust that went wrong, was captured and taken
        to the bootleg manufacturing plant in borneo, where he escaped but
        had to make money playing guitar in local watering holes until
        he had enough $ to return.  He then looked for Eric until he
        returned as mentioned above.

Allan - After spending several years trying to patent his custom
        cigarette-holding guitar (complete with electric lighter),
        he finally gave up on the project when he heard
        BOC was reuniting.

Andrew A. Apold (mordru at magg.net), aka  | Tension
Roger Shrubstaff,                       |  Apprehension
Duchy of Silverwater (BL), Amtgard      |    and Dissention
aka Asgrim Dragon -=UDIC=-              |     have begun.
+--------B-L-U-E--Ö-Y-S-T-E-R--C-U-L-T--+    -Alfred Bester
 "I was corrupt before I had power!" - Random