HW: low points and giving up

Mon Apr 13 12:21:48 EDT 1998

On mån 13 apr 1998 10.46 -0400 "Hall, Russell J" <russell.j.hall at LMCO.COM> wrote:
> I was just curious if the hard core Hawkfan liked C.Y. Masques and how
> this line up compares (quality-wise) to the earlier ones mentioned).

     I don't know how hard-core a Hawkfan I am, but I'm not particularly impressed with CYM.  It has a few redeeming moments, IMO, but it can't touch the might early 70s albums! :)  I also like early 90s HW fairly well.  _Palace Springs_ is a marvelous album.  I like the CotBS era as well, in an unabashedly schlock kind of way.
     Most periods of HW have something that I like, but the early 80s was definitely a low-point, IMO!

--
Carl Edlund Anderson
Dept. of Anglo-Saxon, Norse, & Celtic
mailto:cea20 at cus.cam.ac.uk