OFF: Cozy Powell and Black Sabbath

Troy Harris fiskare at WEBCONCEPT.COM.AU
Tue Apr 14 06:23:30 EDT 1998

At 04:38 14/04/98 +0000, Nick English wrote:
>All this talk of Cozy Powell makes me wonder:
>
>Does anyone on the list have an opinion on post-Dio Black Sabbath?
>I've bought faithfully everything Sabbath has released since then,
>and while it ain't classic Sab, I've always felt that if you approach
>the stuff as sort of Tony Iommi solo material, it isn't really too
>bad. And I'm going to admit something I probably shouldn't...Although
>most people hate Born Again, including those who made it, I find it
>to be one of my favorite Black Sabbath Albums of all time.
>If anyone has any opinions, I'd love to hear 'em.

  MY opinions for what they are worth :

 Post Dio Sabbath is very good, because Tony Martin sings better the RJD.
 BUT, the albums without Geezer suffer in the songwriting dept.  The best is
of course the outstanding "Cross Purposes", every song a winner.
  Others worthy of note are "Tyr", and "Seventh Star" (which is really very
good, but more of a Tony Iommi thing really)...forget "Forbidden" and
"Headless Cross" (in the latter's case because of the juvenile satanic lyrics).
  And don't forget the album with Dio called "Dehumanizer"...quite good.
   Troy

 Who also likes "Born again".. despite the silly lyrics.

>--Nick English

        Troy Harris

        fiskare at webconcept.com.au