BOC: Heaven Forbid in the UK

Tue Apr 14 08:09:29 EDT 1998

Speaking of the cover stuff, I was lucky enough (at the AOL online release
party) to snag a copy of the radio-promo CD single "See You in Black" - it
was packaged as follows:

The cover is the back of the HF CD (just the brown room) with "See You in
Black" in big white letters.  On the back of the CD is the same scene, with
a small picture of the HF in the middle (with the words, "From the new
CD, "Heaven Forbid").  The CD itself is has the "babe" airbrushed on the
top of it - as with the cover of the European release, there is more of
her showing - no, I don't mean she's got less clothes - I mean the picture
isn't just from the waist up, but more like from the knees up (and no,
she's not wearing a short dress).

Speakin' of the babe - Bolle mentioned on alt.music.blueoystercult that
this picture is of Gaia (mentioned in the song, "Real World").  Eric
Bloom mentioned something on AOL about this being some sort of well-known
painting among some circles in the art world, but I don't think there's
been any more discussion about it.

John