HW: (or NW:) Armour for everybody

J Strobridge eset08 at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Tue Apr 14 08:36:53 EDT 1998

Just remembered this:

Andy Gilham writes:

> On Tuesday, March 17, 1998 9:51 PM, Andrew A. Apold [SMTP:mordru at MAGG.NET]
> wrote:
>
> > my armor...
> > is killing me....
> > my armor...
> > IS KILLING....
> > MY ARMOR......
> > IIISSSSS.....
> > KILLLLIINNNGGG MMMEEEEE!!!!!
> > KKKKIIIILLLLLLL!!!!!!!
> > MMMEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!
> > KILL ME!!!!!!
> >

> What you may not know, and what I'm sure MM is aware of, is a famous TV
> commercial from the 70s for ladies' undergarments, which featured the
> tag-line "my girdle's killing me!".  To which the wearer was told to try
> the advertiser's product.

There's also the short story by J.G. Ballard (perhaps also based on
the above?) about clothes made of material that adjusted itself to the
wearer's personality and a suit made of this material worn by someone
who committed a murder and which from then onwards had a tendency to
suffocate to death any other person who wore it and then got too
emotionally stressed.

You are what you wear.

jill

J.D.Strobridge at ed.ac.uk                         eset08 at holyrood.ed.ac.uk