HW: essential websites

J Strobridge eset08 at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Tue Apr 14 13:01:09 EDT 1998

Frank Weil writes:

> links behind at the moment, though.  If anyone is interested, I will
> volunteer to keep a canonic list of Hawkwind sites in a format that
> can be easily incorporated into people's pages.  For example, maybe
> this should be a flat file with entries that contain the site name and
> the URL on separate lines, with each entry separated by a blank line.
> This format is easily digestible by Perl, for example.  We might also
> want to consider adding reviews and comments to the list.
>
> All you web site owners, let me know what you think.  I'll even
> volunteer to distribute a Perl5 script that generates a basic HTML
> page from the list, which can then be further customized.

Sounds good if we could keep this to a basic info list of straight
Hawkwind sites for those folk who are happy to share the same list
with everyone else.  Would it be acceptable for such a list to include
the different owners' email addresses as well so that when anyone
changes or creates a new site then they can mail the new URL directly
to the other site owners just by looking at one page without having
to go to each owner separately?

I've had a quick trawl through my email and here are some
addresses that have floated past recently in case it's of any use.

www.doremi.co.uk/hawks
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/6568
http://www.pcmicro.com.au/~Sonique/Hawkwind
http://members.aol.com/Hawkwinder/hawkwindrulesindex.html
http://www.login.eunet.no/~christmu/hawkwind.html
http://www.enteract.com/~weil/golden_void/
http://polyphemus.engin.umich.edu/boc-l/

Incidentally I've just done a check on http://www.hawkwind.com and there
is now a one-sentence statement that reads "Any questions can be
E-mailed to actonium at dial.pipex.com"

Would that be Actonium Doug Smith perhaps?

jill

obgoinghometime> it's snowing 8-(

J.D.Strobridge at ed.ac.uk                         eset08 at holyrood.ed.ac.uk
                                                ELIJSA at srv0.arts.ed.ac.uk