OFF: Cozy Powell and Black Sabbath

SPRAWL sprawl at BLACKBOARD.COM
Tue Apr 14 18:02:16 EDT 1998

Nick English wrote:

> BTW...There was a
> Gillan/Sabbath mini-concert on MTV back in the early '80s. All I can
> remember is that they had these giant stonehenge monuments (Kinda
> like Spinal Tap, except that whoever drew the diagram on the napkin
> knew the difference between inches and feet)...and there was one
> other thing that disturbed me a bit...I could have sworn the show was
> lip-synched using the Born Again album cuts. Did anyone else see
> this? Am I out of my mind?

DIDN'T SEE it, but this is not unheard of or even rare. i saw the show
live, with zebra/dokken/quiet riot. it was pretty fraggin great (cheesy
openers aside.)  sounded pretty much like the studio cuts but megatons
louder.  dont think it was synced...

> Also, to respond to a post which I accidentally deleted already, Born
> Again IS on CD...widely available I think. I got it in NY a couple years
> ago.

yeah that was me. i know its out there, but have only seen a single copy
which my pal picked up for $5, and refuses to part with...  oh well.
my wife gives me the silent treatment anytime i play it anyway. =)
rj