BOC: Heaven Forbid in the UK

bart bart at AEOLIANS.BT.CO.UK
Wed Apr 15 03:43:13 EDT 1998

> I haven't had the opportunity to check this. But if I actually think it's a
> paraphrase of a Salvador Dali painting were his wife GALA (sic!) was
> depicted as Virgin Mary - as in "Virgin Mary winks from the sky"!

Damn Dan, ya beat me to it. Yes, I was going to say similar. Certainly the
style is similar to Dali in his later period (about 1970 on) when practically
all he painted was his 'wife' Gala in religious (christian) contexts.

I don't think the actual painting itself is by Dali though, just a facsimile.

Tim