OFF: Cozy Powell and Black Sabbath

Horse Whisperer beautiful_foot at HOTMAIL.COM
Wed Apr 15 07:22:40 EDT 1998

>Old SPRAWL <sprawl at BLACKBOARD.COM> mentioned....
>
>i noticed the similarity the first time i ever heard p-city.
>thot it was just me. then i thot, its not all THAT different from
>angels of death. then i thot- yeah, it is.
>rj- tooooo early
>

>Nick English wrote:
>>
>> >Chris wrote:
>>
>> > ZERO THE HERO  what a f#@!"ng awesome riff!  The way it builds, the
way
>> > it twists, the way it just roars.  Ohmigodohmigodohmigod.
>> > Sorry - I was gushing.  Ahem.  I kinda like digital bitch too, but
I've
>> > got medication for that.
>>
>> I had never made the connection myself, but I was reading something
>> about (Ugh!) Guns 'n' Roses one time, and the writer accused them of
>> ripping off Zero's riff for "Paradise City". Pretty similar when you
>> think about it, huh?

Angels of Death?  Who that track?
The Paradise City thing - it's a pretty similar riff, but since it's a
blues-scale shape, hardly surprising.  But didn't Iommi kinda retread
the riff from a couple of other attempts?  For example the last track on
side B of Never Say Die pretty much has that riff as well, the last riff
in the song.  What was that song called - it's the one after Swinging
the Chain, that flipping stonking instrumental.

Chris.