OFF: preview of fear and loathing movie

M Holmes fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Wed Apr 15 08:03:45 EDT 1998

Horse Whisperer writes:

> M Holmes <fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK> slipped us this gem....
> >
> >I thought some Gonzo fans might be interested in this...
> >
> >INTENSE 'FEAR AND LOATHING IN LAS VEGAS' SCREENING
>
> How long have I been waiting for this day?  At last.  Johnny Depp too,
> the heavens truly smile down this morning.

There's still a chance for Hollywood to fuck it up.  There's bound to be
some media fool there who thinks that 12 people from their carefully
selected Preview Focus Group leaving with barf bags is A Bad Thing
rather than a ringing endorsement of the movie.  The crucial question is
whether they'll make cuts or whether they'll rip the stupid fucker's
eyes out with crochet hooks, nail his wrists and knees to the parking
lot, rip open his chest, crack his ribs individually with pliers and let
the buzzards gnaw on his heart.

It's these tricky decisions that really test the calibre of management
in an institution.

> What was that other loosely Gonzo film with Bill Murray...Where the
> Buffalo Roam or something....where's that at?

I have video copy of it in PAL VHS format if you can arrange appropriate
conversion. Most Thompson fans haven't liked it but I've always liked
Bill Murray and quite enjoyed that film.

> Chris.

FoFP