BOC: European Cover of HF

BREVARD, Adrian R. abrevard at SHL.COM
Wed Apr 15 10:35:21 EDT 1998

>Speakin' of the babe - Bolle mentioned on alt.music.blueoystercult that this
picture is of Gaia (mentioned in the song, "Real World").  Eric Bloom
mentioned something on AOL about this being some sort of well-known
painting among some circles in the art world, but I don't think there's
been any more discussion about it.

John

Gaia as in Mother Earth?  The painting is certainly wrong then.  I have
seen Gaia in Marvel Comics (Thor's real mother)   and she has dark hair.
 There is also the Whoppie Goldberg version from the cartoon series
Captain Planet, again dark hair.  But what do cartoons and comic books
know?

Can it be that BOC/CMC had no clue whatsoever on appropriate cover art
for this cd?  I am beginning to think so.

Take two emerald green cats eyes on an all black background with the
title See You In Black and we are on the one.

Now that I think of it how many BOC titles were based on songs?
Mirrors, FoUO,...man this allergy medication is kicking in and my brain
is more imparied than usual.  Someone finish this thought for me
please...

I like that European review of HF BTW...

L8er
Ghost in the Ruins
MOMENTS ON THE CAROUSEL
MUST ADMIT WE RIDE IT WELL