BOC: X-Ray

Hardman DK D.K.Hardman at CITY.AC.UK
Fri Apr 17 05:29:12 EDT 1998

On Fri, 17 Apr 1998, Nick English wrote:

> Is anyone else experiencing a fungus-like reaction to X-Ray Eyes?
> This song just grows on me more and more every time I hear it!

I only picked up HF last weekend, but have given it a few spins since. And
I agree, for me X-Ray Eyes is one of the stand-out tracks. It's actually a
perfect pop gem - fun lyrics, plus a strong melody underpinned by smart
rythmic shifts that keep the listeners' ear interested. I dunno how easy
it is for a band like BOC to get radio play these days, but of the tracks
on HF this really ought to be a contender as a single.

Dave

David Hardman                           "Maybe it's because I'm a Londoner
HCI Design Centre                        That I love Luton town"
School of Informatics                        (John Hegley)
City University
Northampton Square
London EC1V 0HB

Phone: +44 0171 477 8152