HW: low points and giving up

Neil Shilladay shillada at GATWICK.GECO-PRAKLA.SLB.COM
Fri Apr 17 10:25:41 EDT 1998

Just thought I'd chip in on this thread.

Tepee - I'm afraid I can take or leave this album. Sure, it does have some high
spots (Right to Decide, LSD), but some of the noodling (Garden Pests), just do
nothing for me.
 I saw HW at Brixton at the time of ET, & thought that despite the album, the
band were flying high creatively. The stage show, lights, and reinterpretations
of oldies were spot on.

I also caught the Hawks on the Buisness tour, & was impressed how 'fat' a sound
the trio could make with sequencers etc.

after that, I lost interest for a few years, completely missing Alien & tours.

In fact, I only really got back into them full time last year, on the DH tour. I
thought that the band were still spot on. Yes, I'd prefer to see Dave out front,
with his guitar, but even so, they were bloody good. Jerry can play, and
hopefully Crum will become a permanent fixture.
I especially enjoyed the poetry, something I feel had been neglectedthe lat time
I'd seen them. Now if they only had RC still alive to write some new poems...

As for the album, I still like it. I agree it sounds a bit rushed, & LiS just
begs to be skipped, as its the kind of tat you hear in lifts, or shops. Ugh !

I don't think I'll ever give up on this band, you never know whats round the
corner.....

Hopefull for the future,
Neil.