Review of HF

Fri Apr 17 14:29:48 EDT 1998

>As for 10/10....well, even with my fanboy cells switched on the
10/10 ranking would have to be reserved for Secret Treaties (unless 11/10
is allowed :) )

Well, maybe I'll give ST a 10.1 myself...  ;-)

>I wasn't trying to make a comment about the Bouchards contribution to BOC
- in fact, I had no idea whose songs they were...I just picked them off
the top of my head.

I realize that, but while your brain may not have immediately known they
were Bouchard contributions, you managed to pick them anyway.  While not
intentionally trying to draw any comparisons to them, you managed to pick
them anyway.  While perhaps if you tried a few more times to pull a few
songs off the top of your head you might get a non-Bouchard tune (although
the odds are against it just based on the amount of material that Al and
Joe had their hands in), I just found it interesting that this happened.

>I have a special affection for Mirrors, myself. I always had the feeling
that the band themselves would have been more positive about it if it had
actually been a success!

Probably true.  A little bit different production, and a few differnt songs
in a heavier vein, and Mirrors might have been perceived quite differently.

John