OFF: French Revolution ? (Was Re: OFF: Geezer...Black Science)

Horse Whisperer beautiful_foot at HOTMAIL.COM
Mon Apr 20 05:37:26 EDT 1998

>Has anyone noticed that Ritchie Blackmore copied the intro on Rush's
>Bastille Day and put it on a song called Kill The King (on the live
>version) ? Bastille Day and Kill The King ? I haven't read the lyrics
>Kill the King but it sounds like a copy too.

No no no no no.
Neil Peart was cycling past Ritchie's house one night and heard him
singing Kill the King and accompanying himself on an acoustic guitar.
So Neil rips him off and releases it before Ritchie has satisfied
himself of the quality of the song, so Rush release a sub-standard
Blackmore tune and Blackmore had to set the record straight later on.

>By the way, the picture on the
>studio album that sports Kill The King has a picture on an audience
from a
>Rush concert, strange, didn't Rainbow have their own audience ?

Noo no nononono noooo.
The crowd is actually a Deep Purple audience from 1971, because nobody
went to either Rainbow OR Rush gigs later on.  Just another example of
Rush ripping of Rock Legends of the 70's.  Like Genesis and the Bonzo
Dog Doo-Da Band.

>><how evil can evil chuckles get?>
>
>I don't know, let's hear.

Nyuk Nyuk Nyuk.