BOC: More Jaxx Stuff

BREVARD, Adrian R. abrevard at SHL.COM
Mon Apr 20 12:36:31 EDT 1998

Gang what a tremendous show this was.  I can't speak for Brian F. but I
had no problems with the mix from my vantagepoint.    Yeah there were
some screw ups with Eric's mike and most notably with In Thee but
overall they sounded great from where I was standing near the sound
booth and to the left.  This is my fifth time seeing them at Jaxx and I
would say the farther from the stage your are the better BOC sound.
Maybe its just too much power to sit on top of.  I will invest in ear
plugs though.  Ted had the brand recommended by Al and said they're
pretty good.

Hopefully Ted or Chuck (AgentOF) can provide you more accurate details
form the Bar-B-Que on Friday, but here are some of the rumors/news that
was buzzing around the club.  The next single off HF will be Harvest
Moon.  I think this is a no-brainer as the studio version is perhaps the
best tune on the album and when played live, well if you've heard it you
know this is a killer tune.

BOC is slated to headline, that's right headline a festival in Richmond
during the later part of May.  Opening for BOC will be Cheap Trick.  The
band should be making an announcement about this real soon.  The venue
seats approx 15,000 people so this is very exciting.   Buck is off to
Europe for a while.  Originally some thought Buck was taking a vacation
in Europe.  After the show Buck said he wished, he is actually going on
a press tour of Europe, several countries to be covered.  Sounds like
the band has extensive tour plans of Europe, so be happy friends across
the great pond.

No doubts that Eric is in good form these days.  They played with his
mike a lot and he cut some notes short in places but overall he sounded
good.  More importantly he played maestro and had the setlist working at
a good pace.  Very entertaining evening from Eric.  After the show I
couldn't get close enough to him as he busily signed autographs.  Got my
copy of HF signed by everyone except Eric.  Maybe next time.

One of the biggest thrills I had was talking to Danny after the gig.
Danny is a real delight to rap with.  After signing my HF I pulled back
my jacket to reveal my King's X Ear Candy T-shirt and Danny's eyes lit
up.  Turns out he is a big fan of the band.

Yep this show was a winner through and through I only wish I could have
made the bar-b-que.

>>Nope, my fungus song is Cold Grey Light Of Dawn.>>

>Who said that?
This is one of my favs.
Oh, I'll settle down, just remembered that some fungi species are  mind
altering and other types are delicious.....:-)

briz

That would be me Briz (GitR)  "Dawn" is my fungal song, lately.

 A bit off topic I know there are some Savatage fans on this list none
as big as me (well maybe Torgo) but a huge announcement came during the
BOC show.  Savatage will be playing not one but two shows at Jaxx in
June.  Scheduled for a Friday/Saturday time slot.  Individually the
shows are priced at $20, but you can see both for $30.  If you are a
major Sav fan, the word is the band will only tour the US for a few
weeks this summer.  Getting two shows in one weekend is a real coup for
Jaxx.  C'ya there Sava Legion.

L8er
Ghost in the Ruins

Five in the Player

Out of the Silent Planet
Gretchen Goes to Nebraska
Faith Hope Love
King's X
Dogman

(Its King's X  - day in honor of Danny M.)