Random thoughts on the Buckmeister's fretwork

Hardman DK D.K.Hardman at CITY.AC.UK
Mon Apr 20 13:34:22 EDT 1998

John Schwartz mentioned the other day that Monsters was a Bouchard song.
But it reminded me of something I've always believed, that Buck's solo on
Monsters is one of his finest, even though it's kinda subtly mixed beneath
the chanting of "Monsters". Anyone else go along with this?

Also, one of the *really* annoying things about this song for me is I've
never been  able to get the riff down on my own guitar. Obviously it's a
straightforward riff, but seems to require a very controlled picking
technique that I've just not managed to get to grips with. Godammit!

By the way, any of the guitarists on this list managed to figure out the
riff to Real World? If you have, care to post the tab for it? I've been
playing a hamfisted version of it, but it somehow just ain't right....

Dave

David Hardman                           "Maybe it's because I'm a Londoner
HCI Design Centre                        That I love Luton town"
School of Informatics                        (John Hegley)
City University
Northampton Square
London EC1V 0HB

Phone: +44 0171 477 8152