BOC: Comix

BREVARD, Adrian R. abrevard at SHL.COM
Tue Apr 21 08:53:39 EDT 1998

The
>BOC-L/comics connection is dark indeed, an alchemical concotion that in a
flash of sleazy rock'n'roll, drug-braindamage and a misguided childhood
of
being raised by DC and Marvel comics (and their beefy men in the
colorful underwear) set all the wrong wheels in motion... if you ask
*me* anyway
8-()

I agree with this so keep it in mind when I answer your question
below....

> How 'bout taking a poll of "SF/comics-likers" and "non-SF/comics-likers"
just to get the psychotic statistics down? Weren't there BOC-L polls
once upon a time BTW???

Comic liker, not nearly as much as I used to.  Now it gets hazy, did
comics come before or after BOC?  Hmmm must have been before...

>As an aside, for my money, Buck's bestest solo is on the original "Subhuman".
 Oooh, suits me sir.
Chris Underpants

Oh Chris U just hit a real tender spot.  Are we talking ST or Feet/Knees
version?  I am partial to Feet/Knees, this is the one song I play most
often for the unitiated....

>I also got a pic of me with Buck, 'cept
Buck looks cool and I look a real dick :)

Does anyone have a picture of Buck while he's wearing his glasses?

>Adrian,
Nice meeting you at JAXX!  Very entertaining review, also.
chuck

Mutual Chuck, it was quite a show, made even better meeting folks like
you and Ted.  How was the bar-b-que?

>Also saw the European cover to HF, which I have to admit is an improvement. I
can see AB ordering an import copy specially :))

I was tempted to ask Buck about the cover but thought better of it.  A
european cover is reason enough alone to place this order.

>What are they following BFY with?

Cities on Flame.  I really liked BFY at the top of the order, it works
well here.
- Andy

>Eric asked on AOL what 2 songs we all think should be added to the list.  I
think all but one person said Damaged.  But it didn't get played.

Ted or Chuck please correct me if I'm wrong here but isn't the setlist
getting an overhaul in May?  Think Bobby needs to learn a few of the HF
songs a bit better before they do this.

HW>Just another example of Rush ripping of Rock Legends of the 70's.

Ah c'mon guys do we need to order more anti-inflamatory medication?
Theo any re-fills left 8>).

L8er
Ghost in The Ruins