BOC: BBQ East

Agent OF AgentOF at AOL.COM
Tue Apr 21 12:15:47 EDT 1998

 It sure was nice meeting everyone this weekend in Richmond, Jaxx, and
Baltimore at both Mickey's and Appleschmidt's.

Some of you may now, some may not, that Friday morning, Buck and I and Ted
Jones (Swansea), were on the radio XL-102 raising money for a Doctor that is
trying to create a Home Hospice Program in Richmond.  It was a big success as
the DJ's, Jeff and Jeff, committed to the Doc to do some Radiothons for him in
the future.  Buck played an incredible acoustic Reaper and In Thee.  They also
played 4 other BOC tunes, including Damaged.  It was a great start to the BBQ.
Saturday at Appleschmidt's has incredible.  THFTR played 27 songs before the
special guests came which included hilarious versions of:

A Surf version of Godzilla, Tony from THFTR calls it Tequila Godzilla
Harvester Of Eyes to the music of a Horse With No Name
Verterans of a 1000 Psychic Wars/House of the Rising Sun Medley (Celtic bent)
Fire of Unknown Origin to OD'ed On Life Music
Lips In The Hills/Joan Crawford Medley
Tears On My Pillow/Veins Medley
Maybe Baby/In Thee Medley
Sole Survivor/Soul Man Medley
Harvest Moon
Blade Blade/Last Days of May/to the music of B4 The Kiss

This stuff is hilarious.  Then the special guest arrived:  Buck and Sandy
Dharma and Danny Miranda.  They played in various combinations:
In Thee
In My Life
Blackbird
Money Can't Buy Me Love
Real World

They took a break and THFTR played Don't Fear The Reaper, Burnin For You, from
their new CD "World's Greatest Hips", which features Buck on vocals.
Then the guest came back on and played:

Hard Day's Night
If I Fell
Johnny B. Goode
Burnin For You
God Only Knows
All I Have To Do Is Dream
Soul Man
Good Lovin'
Stand By Me
Pulling Mussells Form A Shell

It was great to see BOC three times in three days, but the THFTR concert was
more precious that anything I've seen since the Dixie Tavern gig of the BDB.
And to think that we helped in a little way to support dying children is very
gratifying.  I think all BOC fans would love to have THFTR's latest CD called
"World Greatest Hips", email Zurna at aol.com for info on it.  It's a hoot!

chuck
http://www.j-and-a.com/rose.htm
Miracles DO Happen, Take One