OFF: Masters of Reality

Tue Apr 21 14:35:08 EDT 1998

> From:          brian halligan <brianh at PULLEYN.COM>
>
> Theo, wasn't Syracuse r&b legend
> "Little Georgie" a keyboardist for
> MoR at some point?  I never knew they
> were from Syracuse until long after I first
> heard them.

Dunno 'bout that.  The only guy I remember seeing on keys was 'Mr.
Owl,' whose real name was Al Dunn, and who went to my high school
[though only briefly, and a grade behind me so I didn't know him].
He played on the first album, but for some reason wasn't considered a
member of the band, a la 'Stew' Stewart of the --ugh-- Rolling
Stones...

> We had The Blue Garden on LP at my
> college radio station and I used to play
> "Domino" fairly often on my radio show.
> A hard-rockin' song with a fun, sing-along
> chorus.  The only thing I remember about
> their 2nd album was an odd song about
> the proper way to make a cup of tea.

Howls!  Another great tune on the first album was Kill the
King--great song.  If anyone wants to hear more of Tim Herrington,
check out the Bogeyman's album There's No Such Thing...a really good
album heard by, what 20 people?

BTW, Ginger bailed shortly after the second album.  No idea who's
pounding for the Masters now...

theo