OFF: BOC-L Tape Trade of 1993 (was RE: Masters of Reality)

brian halligan brianh at PULLEYN.COM
Tue Apr 21 15:33:42 EDT 1998

>> (special thanks to the infamous Steve
>> Swann who put the songs "Domino" and
>> "The Blue Garden" on a mix tape for me
>> during the great *April Fool's Day Tape
>> Exchange* back in '93.  My apologies to
>> Scott Heller for the terrible songs I put
>> on his mix tape.  Hey, I was young.)
>
>Tell me more...  I didn't come on board until sometime in '94...
>
>(Just in time for _Cult Classic_ :)

The idea was to have a mass BOC-L tape
trade of strange/obscure/bizarre music around
April Fool's Day.  Someone (sorry, I forget who
exactly) collected the names and addresses of
the people who were interested.  That person then
sent everyone a message stating who to make their
mix tape for, and their address. Not long after I sent
a mix tape to Scott (including some choice cuts
from GWAR and Vanilla Trainwreck :-P)  I received a
tape from Steve Swann.  It had some Monster Magnet,
Manowar, Metal Church, Tad, Prism, April Wine, etc.
and of course, Masters of Reality.  The MM song on
the tape was "Cyclops Revolution" and it was the 1st
song I ever heard by MM. I promptly went out and
bought Spine of God (I still haven't bought Superjudge
for some reason...)

Brian