OFF: Masters of Reality

bart bart at AEOLIANS.BT.CO.UK
Wed Apr 22 04:39:57 EDT 1998

> This album, Sunrise on the Suffer Bus, was well received by critics,
> and is pretty good, though obviously lacking a bit in the heavy
> guitar area.  Good songs and lyrics too.  I don't know what the
> lineup is at present.  Far as I know, Chris is the only original
> member.  For the second album, the group was just a trio.  They
> always put on a great stage show.  Should be  a helluva gig...

On "How high the Moon", I seem to recall Googe being in the band, who was on
bass from Blue Garden. Also, its a four piece, with a lead guitarist, but not
Tim Herrington. He split to form Bogeymen, but after one album, I guess they
sank too.

Actually  HHtM is pretty decent upon reflection. The new tracks - Alders Smoke
Blues, Jindalee Jindalie, Goin' Down, Swingaroo Joe, all rock, plus theres some
great renditions of John Brown, Blue Garden & Doraldina's Prophecies

cheers

Tim